An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our highly specialised team as a Systematic Reviews Manager, based at Escrick Business Park, near York. Here we bring together a dedicated team of systematic reviewers, information specialists, health economists, statisticians, and administrators who support high profile healthcare decision making.
Part-time opportunities are available at a minimum of 60% FTE over at least three working days.
The Role & Responsibilities
As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will prepare, supervise, and deliver high quality and accurate SRs and HTAs to support evidence-based healthcare decision making. The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic and be team orientated in a varied role. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Supervision of SRs including project management, academic support and supervision to junior colleagues and liaison with funders.
- Implementing any aspect of SRs or HTAs that is required for the completion of high standard of work against project deliverables.
- Participating in regular meetings with other staff; consideration of possible SRs KSR might prepare in response to requests from commissioners or tenders, and liaison with commissioners.
- Contributing to the development of proposals for funding of projects.
- Preparing, checking or auditing critical appraisals.
- Contributions to KSR databases.
- Involvement in the dissemination activity including preparing journal articles, representing KSR at conferences, seminars, training courses and other external events.
- Attending conferences and meetings in health services research and other relevant fields and to keep in touch with particular disciplinary interests.
- Training internal and external people in the conduct of SRs.
- Supporting the management team and colleagues with ad hoc requests relevant to the post.
- Relevant experience in preparing SRs and a working knowledge of relevant statistical methods i.e. meta-analysis, meta regression analysis
- Proven experience of health services research e.g., background in statistics, medicine, public health, clinical epidemiology, economics, biochemistry or psychology
- Experience in health economics and/or relevant statistical experience desirable, as potential for hybrid roles
- Master’s degree in a related field, PhD is desirable
- Practical knowledge of primary patient based research
- Highly autonomous with excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Highly accurate and good attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible to changing business needs
- Competitive salary
- 5% annual increment of gross salary
- Performance-related bonus
- Hybrid working (20% of contracted hours working from home available, if desired)
- Flexible working hours
- Collaborative and supportive working environment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (reduced pro rata)
- Employer contributory pension
- Modern offices with car parking facilities
How To Apply
Please upload your CV with covering letter and publication list, clearly outlining how your skills and experience match the job responsibilities and people specification. We will review all applications when they arrive and may choose to interview prior to the closing date.