An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our highly specialised team as a Systematic Reviewer/Statistician, based at Escrick Business Park, near York. Here we bring together a dedicated team of systematic reviewers, information specialists, health economists, statisticians, and administrators who support high profile healthcare decision making.
Part-time opportunities are available at a minimum of 60% FTE over at least three working days.
The Role & Responsibilities
As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will provide statistical advice and support to others working on systematic reviews, prepare and deliver high quality and accurate systematic reviews and HTAs for key bodies to support evidence-based healthcare decision making. The ideal candidate would have a strong work ethic and be team orientated in a varied role.
- Implementing any aspect of systematic reviews or HTAs that is required for the completion of high-quality work against project deliverables.
- Providing statistical support and advice to others working on systematic reviews.
- Providing statistical peer review services to journals.
- Participating in regular meetings with other staff and liaising with commissioners.
- Involvement in the dissemination activity including preparing journal articles, representing KSR Ltd at conferences, seminars and training courses.
- Contributing to the development of proposals for funding of projects.
- Contributing to KSR’s databases by preparing, checking or auditing critical appraisals.
- Attending conferences and meetings in health services research and other relevant fields and to keep in touch with particular disciplinary interests.
- Training internal and external people in the conduct of systematic reviews and statistical methods.
- Supporting the management team and colleagues with ad hoc requests.
- Experience in preparing systematic reviews and statistical methods i.e. meta-analysis, meta regression analysis and mixed treatment comparison analyses.
- Proven experience of health services research from several disciplinary backgrounds including statistics, medicine, public health, clinical epidemiology, economics, biochemistry or psychology.
- Master’s degree in a related field i.e. medical statistics, epidemiology, health services research, health economics or psychology, PhD is desirable.
- Experience of statistical software (R, RStudio, Winbugs, STATA).
- Highly autonomous with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly accurate and good attention to detail.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing business needs
- Competitive salary
- 5% annual increment of gross salary
- Performance-related bonus
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working hours
- Collaborative and supportive working environment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (reduced pro rata)
- Employer contributory pension
- Modern offices with car parking facilities
How To Apply
Please upload your CV with covering letter and publication list, clearly outlining how your skills and experience match the job responsibilities and people specification. We are recruiting for multiple positions so will review all applications as soon as they arrive and may choose to interview prior to the closing date.